VICTORVILLE – GE Aviation, one of the top aircraft engine suppliers, is seeking a flight test intern for Spring 2023 in Victorville. The program will “prepare the intern for a potential full-time position after graduation into one of the leadership programs or a direct hire opportunity.”
GE Aviation, a subsidiary of General Electric, offers engines for the majority of commercial aircraft. Their main competitors in the engine market are Pratt & Whitney and Rolls-Royce.
According to the job posting, the flight test internship will “provide broad exposure to the engineering field with an array of opportunities ranging from design and analysis to working hands-on with the Boeing 747-400 Flight Test Bed (FTB) and engine/aircraft integration.”
Mechanical design, flight test engine integration, data systems, electrical and instrumentation are some of the opportunities available during the internship.
Requirements to qualify for the internship:
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA off a 4.0 scale without rounding
- Reliable transportation, many of our sites do not have public transportation available
- Attending a full time matriculated and nationally accredited baccalaureate or graduate program
- Willingness and ability to work in the United States; primarily location is Victorville, CA
- Due to access to export-controlled information, you must be one of the following: (1) US Citizen or national; (2) US permanent resident; (3) Person granted refugee status; (4) Person granted asylee status or Beneficiary of legalization through an amnesty program, or (5) other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)).
The program is accepting applicants with degrees in Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering / Electrical and Computer Engineering, Engineering Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering.
GE Aviation is looking for candidates with an engineering aptitude and passion for aviation technology, an analytical approach to problem solving and strong knowledge of computer and Microsoft products among others.
For more information about the GE Aviation flight test internship visit https://jobs.gecareers.com/aviation/global/en/job/R3668923/GE-Aviation-Flight-Test-Intern-Victorville-CA-Spring-2023