Verizon Pacific Market President Steven Keller says the company has always, and remains committed to dedicating resources to ensure that people remain connected during critical times.
Verizon is waiving prepaid and postpaid call/text/data usage incurred from February 4 – February 13 for customers in San Bernardino, Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange, San Luis Obispo, Riverside, Santa Barbara, and Ventura counties.
This includes all prepaid customers using Straight Talk, Tracfone, Total by Verizon, Simple Mobile, Safelink, Walmart Family Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Net10, GoSmart, and Page Plus, and postpaid consumer and small business customers including 50 lines or less.
Customers do not have to take any action for these usage charges to be waived. Customers whose bill cycles have already closed will have the charges automatically credited back.
AT&T is waiving overage charges to provide unlimited talk, text and data for AT&T postpaid and prepaid customers with billing addresses in zip codes across affected areas from February 6, 2024 through February 15, 2024.
To view eligible zip codes click here.
Customers in these areas may still receive alerts during these dates, but accounts will reflect the credits and/or waived data, voice and text charges.
In addition, AT&T is waiving charges for residential and business landline orders placed February 4, 2024 through February 4, 2025 for customers in San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties that include:
- One-time activation fee for establishing Remote Call Forwarding, Remote Access to Call Forwarding, Call Forwarding features and Messaging services.
- Monthly rate for one month for Remote Call Forwarding, Remote Access to Call Forwarding, Call Forwarding features and Messaging services.
- Service charge for installation of service at the temporary or new permanent location of the customer and again when the customer moves back to the original premises.
- Fee for one jack and associated wiring at the temporary location regardless of whether the customer has an Inside Wire plan.
- Fee for up to five free jacks and associated wiring for Inside Wire Plan customers upon their return to their permanent location.
- Fee for one jack and associated wiring for non-Plan customers upon their return to their permanent location.
For assistance, AT&T customers in affected areas can call 877-241-1787, option 2 (consumer) and 800-321-2000 (small business).