SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY – San Bernardino County is offering up to $15,000 to assist small businesses and nonprofits that were impacted by the winter storm. Eligible small businesses and nonprofits located in unincorporated areas of the county can apply, starting April 7, 2023.
The National Weather Service estimates that California has seen more than 78 trillion gallons of water and counting over the past few months. San Bernardino County declared a state of emergency, late February, after residents in mountain communities became snowed-in with limited supplies.
In addition to a $500 snow removal reimbursement, the county is now offering the Mountain Small Business Grant. The county will determine the funding amount based on the size of the business. Businesses with 50 or fewer full-time employees are eligible for a one-time $3,000 grant. Businesses with a workforce greater than 50 but fewer than 500 employees are eligible for a one-time $15,000 grant.
To qualify for the grant, the business must meet the following requirements:
- The business must have been in operation on or before February 27, 2023.
- The business must meet the full-time employee requirements.
- The business must be a brick-and-mortar location in the San Bernardino Mountains that was used by employees or customers.
- Businesses located in an unincorporated area within San Bernardino County where the extreme weather event and snowfall impacted operations, resulting in closure of the roads to access the business are also eligible.
- The business cannot be home-based.
- The business has been operating in full compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and laws.
The online application portal opens April 7, 2023 to apply for grant funding. Applicants need to submit IRS Form W-9, the most recent business tax return filing, the most recent payroll statement indicating number of employees and a photo of the business storefront or physical location.
For more information about the Mountain Small Business Grant visit https://snowinfo.sbcounty.gov/msbg/