NATIONWIDE – Netflix announced, Tuesday, the launching of a reality competition series based on the show, “Squid Game.” The company is now accepting applications for 456 spots to compete for a chance to win $4.56 Million which it says is the “largest cast and lump sum cash prize in reality TV history.”
Netflix stated that 456 players will enter “Squid Game: The Challenge,” and compete in a series of games inspired by the show, with “surprising new additions.” Unlike the original Netflix show where contestants are eliminated through death, the company said the “worst fate is going home empty-handed” in this game.
“Squid Game” centers around contestants with dire financial struggles hoping to win billions of dollars competing against each other in typical South Korean children’s games. It holds the record as Netflix’s most popular series of all-time, according to the company. The show had over 1.65 billion viewing hours in the first 28 days after it premiered in September. The show was renewed for a second season on Sunday.
In order to be eligible for the upcoming US reality series, contestants must:
- You are, or will be at least 21 years old at the time of applying for Squid Game: The Challenge
- You have the right to legally reside in the US
- You must be available to take part in the program for up to 4 weeks currently anticipated to be in early 2023. Please note that this may change at our discretion without notice;
- You must hold a valid passport for the whole period of filming if selected and have the right to and be able to travel to all locations as we specify.
- You are not employed or engaged and have not been previously employed or engaged by any company within the All3 Media Group and/or Netflix and you are not an immediate relative of an employee of or worker for any company within the All3 Media Group and/or Netflix.
To apply to be a contestant for the Netflix Squid Game reality show visit: https://www.squidgamecasting.com/